Blog + updates
World Music Therapy Day is coming up on March 1, 2018! The World Federation of Music Therapy is so excited to host this day of celebration and advocacy across the globe. Our focus this year is to celebrate and advocate for music therapy on social media platforms.
Please plan to join our worldwide music therapy community in the following ways:
1) Post something about music therapy on social media on March 1, 2018 – we recommend once or twice on Facebook, Instagram, etc., and more frequently on Twitter (Twitter users typically only read the most recent tweets) throughout the day. Things to post can include:
a. Pictures of you, your instruments, your work space, etc. paired with captions of why/how much you love music therapy
b. Music therapy fact sheets
c. Create and post advocacy and awareness materials to be shared with music therapy colleagues and friends
d. Status updates about music therapy
e. News stories about music therapy
f. The World Music Therapy Day logo (attached; with thanks to musicheals.ca for creating it)
g. Videos of you and your colleagues/friends celebrating music therapy
h. Advertising Music Therapy Degree programs and opportunities/your alma mater
i. Question and Answer sessions
2) Share things that other people are posting about music therapy on your page or on the music therapy pages that you participate in
3) Include #WorldMusicTherapyDay - March 1, 2018 in your email signature
4) Participate in our Meme Contest (Rules and Guidelines attached)
5) Write and record songs and post them online
6) Host World Music Therapy Day Celebrations in your community – make personal face-to-face connections and also post pictures/videos online.
7) Contact your local media and involve them in running stories about music therapy services and/or World Music Therapy Day celebrations in your community
Remember to use #WorldMusicTherapyDay with all posts and tweets.
Current News: Check out our newest Blog Post for updates and information!
Welcome to the website of the Music Therapy Association of Georgia! We look forward to hearing from you!
Roy Joyner, MM, LPMT, MT-BC
Georgia Academic Programs in Music Therapy
(Bachelor and Master's Programs)
The University of Georgia
(Bachelor and Equivalency Degrees)
Georgia Internship Sites
List of approved National Roster sites from the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)
(Please contact MTAG regarding sites that may not appear in current search, and the latest news on site openings)
©2015 Music Therapy Association of Georgia